To the price increases that have already come into effect, such as those of Movistar or Yoigo, we have to add those that will occur in the coming weeks. Among them, Orange, Vodafone, Euskaltel, R and Telecable that will raise their prices, in some cases in exchange for better rates, before September. As always, this has generated controversy among users and there are many who will look for alternatives. Therefore, we explain what we can do in the event of a price increase and what our rights are.
Faced with a price increase, we can rest assured that the law protects us. From the telecommunications user service office they explain some interesting details to us. First of all, we must know that the operators will only be able to modify the contract if this modification is expressly provided for in it.
That is something that is always contemplated, but it does not hurt to know it. From there, they tell us that operators can modify the contractual conditions, as long as they notify the subscriber at least one month in advance. The normal thing is to take advantage of the invoice of the previous month to notify the change.
Can I unsubscribe? And the permanence?
And we get to the hot spots of the matter. From this body they confirm that “the modifications of the contract entitle the subscriber to unsubscribe without penalty. In the communication informing the subscriber of the modification of the contract, the operator must also reflect that right, that is, to unsubscribe without penalty in case of not accepting the new conditions ”.
Of course, in case of having permanence for having received, for example, a mobile, “it is possible that you will be forced to return economic advantages that you have enjoyed precisely because you have committed to that minimum period”. Therefore, they recommend us check with the operator before proceeding to the downside.
Several things can happen in this query to the operator. The first and most unlikely is that we will be discharged without questions. The second is that they try to convince us to stay with an additional discount. The third is that they explain to us that we have some type of penalty that is not eliminated with the change of contractual conditions.
From there, the user can make the decision he considers, either to continue with the new conditions, accept an offer to stay or change to another fiber operator that offers better conditions.
Summary of price increases in summer 2021
Now that we know our rights as users before a one-sided price rise and change of the signed conditions, we are going to briefly review the increases that we have in sight. The first to arrive will be those of the Euskaltel Group, which will affect all its brands such as Euskaltel itself, R Cable or Telecable. On June 15 there will be a price increase for Vodafone between 1.5 euros and 3 euros, although without improvements in the rate. Finally, as of August 1, the changes in Orange will take effect.
Price increase at Euskaltel
- For the Euskaltel clients of TV Total and Total +, Replayteka’s content catalog has been expanded with the incorporation of Fox Now, AXN Now and NAT Geo Now. Total TV at 10 euros per month for OSOA clients and 18 euros per month for the rest, TV Total + at 14 euros per month for OSOA clients and 22 euros per month for the rest, and TV Replay at 1 euro per month for OSOA clients.
- As of July 1, 2021 improves Internet speed Euskaltel, going to enjoy 600 megabytes and the updated fee will be 43 euros per month for OSOA customers.
- The fee for your Euskaltel landline phone is divided into two items: line rental 17.09 euros per month and calls (7,000 minutes to landlines, and to mobile phones during the weekend for 6 euros per month.
Price increase in Telecable
These are the new prices as of July 1:
- Combi Home 100 68 euros, Combi Home 200 71 euros, Combi Home 300 75 euros, Combi Home 500 78 euros, Combi Home 600 87 euros and Combi Home 1GB 88 euros
- Combi calls 44 euros
- Combi Navigate 100 55 euros, Combi Navigate 200 58 euros, Combi Navigate 300 62 euros, Combi Navigate 500 65 euros, Combi Navigate 600 74 euros and Combi Navigate 1GB 75 euros
- Combi Pro 100 66 euros, Combi Pro 200 69 euros, Combi Pro 300 73 euros, Combi Pro 500 76 euros, Combi Pro 600 85 euros and Combi Pro 1GB 86 euros
Price rise in R
- Leisure TV is now leisure TV + adding AXN White and Syfy.
- Customers with 500 Mbps they will surf at 600 Mbps.
- The 100 minutes of calls from landline to mobiles will become 120 minutes.
- Increase of data in various mobile ratesR with price increase: Rate 1GB goes to 2GB for 1 euro more in combo and 2.1 euros more in mobile only and flat rates 50GB, 200 4GB, flat 9GB, 0 8GB, flat 6GB and flat 15 GB go up 1 euro more in combo and 2 euros more in mobile only.
Price increase at Vodafone
- Clients with Unlimited rates (after April 2019): The price increase it will be 3 euros per month per package with mobile or mobile main line, and 1.5 euros more per month on second lines. The Unlimited Home / Business 2.0 and 3.0 packages increase their price by 5 euros per month.
- Customers with plans prior to April 2019 (not unlimited): The price increase will be 3 euros per month per mobile package. Mobile-only and second-line customers are not affected.
Price rise in Orange
- Orange Love Original goes from having 25GB to unlimited data and 300 Mbps fiber to 500 Mbps fiber for 55 euros (previously 52.95 euros).
- Orange Love Extra goes from having 30GB to unlimited data and 300 Mbps fiber to 500 Mbps fiber for 65 euros (before 62.95 euros).
- Orange Love Extra No Limits becomes Love Extra Plus, have unlimited data for family use and from 300 Mbps fiber to 1 Gbps fiber for 85 euros (before 84.95 euros).
- Orange Love Total becomes Love Total 2021 and from 600 Mbps fiber to 1 Gbps fiber for 95 euros (before 89.95 euros).
- Orange Love Total Sin Limits becomes Love Total Plus, having unlimited data for family use and from 600 Mbps fiber to 1 Gbps fiber for 110 euros (before 104.95 euros).
- Orange Love Total Sin Límites 4 becomes Love Total Plus 4, having unlimited data for family use and from 600 Mbps fiber to 1 Gbps fiber for 130 euros (before 124.95 euros).