This service offered by PayPal has been around for a long time and has helped many clients to get free returns on many of the shipments that could have been defective, broken or simply not what we had asked for because the wrong product came.
What is Paypal?
Before talking about returns, it is convenient to know a little about PayPal. We are talking about a service that allows us pay, send money and accept Payments without entering any type of financial data when making the transaction. It is a system used by more than 250 million people in more than 200 countries in 25 different currencies.
They use encryption technology and fraud prevention continuously to protect all our information, so we can be calm in this regard. PayPal also serves to send money to friends or family in an extremely simple and fast way, as well as being able to pay on thousands of web pages around the world.
To everything is added the returns system which we are going to talk about next, as well as another in which, if we have paid with PayPal, we they will refund the amount of what we have bought in certain cases, such as, for example, that it meets certain minimum requirements or that it does not even coincide with what we have ordered.
Activate the returns service
The first thing we have to do is activate the service, since, if not, we will not be able to benefit from what they offer us from PayPal.
Activation is extremely simple and we will complete it with a few simple steps:
- We have to go to the activation page.
- Next we must click on Activate with one click.
- Now we must log in when requested and we will be registered in the service. As simple as that.
How to get free shipping
First of all, we must know that in order to request the return of the shipping costs of a product, which we have paid with PayPal, you have to do within the term return stipulated at the time we made the purchase.
So we have to perform the following steps:
- We enter PayPal with our username and password.
- Let’s go to the section Activity.
- At this time we are looking for the transaction corresponding to the item that we have returned.
- We click on said transaction and then click on Request refund of return costs.
- From there we will fill out a refund request form and we will follow the pertinent instructions to send the necessary documentation.
- Returns must be made through the Post Office service, a courier company or another usual shipping service or option. Depending on what we have decided, the documentation that we must submit to PayPal will be the following:
- If we have used the post or express courier service with a shipment tracking number, we have to attach a copy or photograph of the receipt.
- If we have opted for the ordinary Post service (without tracking the shipment), we must send you a copy or photograph of the receipt with the cost of shipping.
- In the event that the return costs have been deducted from the refund of your item, we must send you a copy of the seller’s payment email or PayPal where the initial price of the returned item appears and another copy of the seller’s refund email or PayPal where the refunded amount appears.
The limit we have in this service is 30 euros for each request, being able to make 12 requests per person per year. Up to three refunds are allowed per PayPal transaction ID. If multiple items are returned from the same transaction at three different times, they will be counted as three different returns, therefore subject to the applicable refund limit.
The deadlines for the entire process are usually the following:
- The first day we will receive a Acknowledgment of receipt of our return in the email.
- Within five business days of receipt of your complete claim, a email notification with the approval or denial of said request.
- If the money is accepted we will receive it in the funds of our PayPal account in about 5 working days.
Purchases not covered by the return service
There are certain purchases that are not subject to this type of return, something that should also be known so as not to screw up.
- Shopping with discount coupons or licenses for digital content and services.
- Items in which the return by Post, courier or other options have already been paid for by the seller.
- Money, traveler’s checks, tickets, credit or debit cards or any other instrument of the same type.
- Items that cannot be returned according to the general conditions of sale of the seller himself. This is something that we must look at when buying and be very clear about it.
- Costs associated with any type of incident that the product suffers in the shipment.
- Items paid for through a form of payment other than PayPal.
- Products entitled to a reimbursement of shipping costs by the seller. That is, those products in which it is already stipulated that the seller pays the full refund.
- Purchases made more than 150 days before submitting the refund request.
With all the information that we have presented, you will be able to manage your returns to China with PayPal in the best possible way, so that you do not have to bear the expenses that this causes. It’s a great way to do it, plus the entire system is easy to understand and doesn’t have a lot of paperwork, including quick devotion.