What a ration of news the developers of the operating system have prepared for us. Xiaomi. Those in charge of giving life to the future MIUI versions have been in charge of compiling, in the company’s Chinese forum, the possible news of MIUI 13.
The team that is currently working on the operating system of the Chinese firm is aware of the desire that users have, not only to try, but to know the improvements and news with which Xiaomi wants to provide its next software and that is why has compiled with his fans the changes that we will find in the next iterations of MIUI.
Of course, here the wishes of the users are mixed with the features that Xiaomi is studying and almost developing, so it is possible that not all will arrive with the next version of the system, but would be left for later and future updates.
What functions are already in development for MIUI 12.5 and MIUI 13?
Out of all novelties shown by Xiaomi in your community forum, these are the ones that are currently already in development
- Turn on the screen flash to unlock the phone with your face and in low light.
- Option to restart when the mobile is locked.
- Improve the ability to access the Internet.
- Mechanical keyboard function.
- Timer to schedule when Bluetooth is disabled.
- More timing options for do not disturb mode.
- Calculator MIUI 13 will add functions to calculate interest.
- Cloud backup supports WeChat data backup.
- Cloud backup will support app permissions.
- The size of the title of the desktop icon can be adjusted and even hidden.
- A widget will be added to access the app drawer.
- Improved navigation through the app vault.
- New call recording reminders.
- Options to record the call after hanging up.
- Tools to upload videos to the cloud Xiaomi in order to delete them from the system.
- MIUI + will allow you to send messages from your computer by pressing the Enter key.
- MIUI + will support phone retransmissions.
- Ability to apply notes on the lock screen interface.
- Horizontal display for notification sets.
- Improvements in the classification of alerts and notifications.
- The alarm clock supports repeating periodic rings.
- Analysis of execution conditions by location to automate tasks.
- New super wallpapers and more ways to set them on MIUI.
- Analysis of precipitation per hour in the weather app.
- New animations for hail.
- On MIUI 13 both the left and right side of the on-screen overlay apps support floating window suspension.
MIUI improvements approved, but not yet developed
The aforementioned improvements are already under development so they could be part of the new features of MIUI 12.5 and its next updates. Those that have been approved that we show below. They are not yet in development so they would arrive with MIUI 13 or later versions.
- Show hidden storage space on phone.
- New gestures like double clicking on the status bar to return to the top of the screen.
- Dual application data backup.
- Ability to change the tone and color of the system font.
- Adjust the brightness of the flashlight.
- The screen is always on can burn the screen, so solutions to this problem are already being considered.
- The status bar will display the phone’s temperature to avoid overheating.
- Calendar anniversaries support multi-year and multi-day display mode.
- Custom ranking for subscriptions.
- Countdown to certain dates.
- The calendar will be compatible with various schedules.
- New tool to eliminate reflections from glasses in the app MIUI 13 camera or later.
- The custom image carousel is displayed on the screen.
- Recognition through AI of new contact information for a better classification.
- The file management will support sliding and quick multiple selection to better work with our files.
- Screen recording adds options for capturing sound from the system or microphone.
- New calendar countdown widget.
- App Drawer Gaussian Blur to improve visibility of foreground elements.
- More switching animations on the desktop screen.
- Double click on the desktop to lock the screen.
- Desktop shortcuts for documents.
- Show remaining call minutes and text messages.
- Automatically remove useless verification codes.
- MIUI + could work with video calls with the computer webcam
- MIUI + will support adaptive screen rotation.
- MIUI + will allow you to zoom in on the PC windows.
- The title of the song currently playing will be displayed on the screen.
- Customization of the shortcut icons on the browser home page.
- Synchronization in the cloud accessible from the browser settings.
- Priorities for pending tasks.
- Change the color of the signature body.
- The lock screen shows your pending tasks.
- To-dos are sorted according to the time of the reminder.
- Reminder of important notifications.
- The notification bar shows how long the device has been used above the limit.
- The notification bar will have a control to adjust the volume.
- Remove irrelevant notifications by swiping to the right.
Networks and Connectivity
- Automatic change of use scenarios when we are connected to 5G networks.
- Access to pending tasks with the Mi Band.
- Xiaomi Health increases the options for diet monitoring.
- Health recommendations.
- Health support to modify sleep records.
- Health medication increase reminder.
Security and Game Turbo
- Added a timer switch for super power saving.
- When the lock screen password is entered incorrectly many times, the front camera can take photos to know who has tried to access our mobile.
- Rename the backup.
- Trash cleanup removes folders created by uninstalled apps.
- Full charge reminder.
- SOS function will support real-time positioning.
- Live wallpaper with changes depending on the weather
- Super wallpapers customized by theme designers.
- Train, subway or bus delay reminder.