Display – Performance – Camera – Battery – Price and purchase options
When we all thought that the Redmi Note 10 family was more than complete with its four members, Xiaomi has presented in May 2021 a new member that is at the head of all of them. East Redmi Note 10 Pro 5G stands out, as its name suggests, for being compatible with the new connectivity standard.
But this is not the only difference that we can find on the phone compared to what we find in the rest of the models that give life to this family. The screen, in addition to the processor and the jackets also undergo the occasional change.
Redmi Note 10 Pro 5G features
The smartphone has been put on sale in China in white, black and blue with a back cover design with a slight texture that favors the grip of the terminal. We must remember that we are facing a more than considerable screen phone that generates dimensions of 163.3 x 75.9 x 8.9 mm. Even so, it is light since its weight remains below 200 grams, reaching an exact figure of 193 g.
The smartphone runs on Android 11 and is one of the first members of the series to boast MIUI 12.5 as an operating system.
The smartphone, on this occasion, sees the quality of its panel reduced. Not by resolution or by refresh rate, but by technology, since it mounts an IPS panel. However, it continues to offer the user a smoother navigation thanks to its 120 Hz refresh rate that is complemented by a touch response frequency of 240 Hz, perfect for the enjoyment of games.
As for the dimensions, it is a large panel, as we have said before, which has dimensions of 6.6 inches with a FullHD + resolution of 2400 x 1080 px. This amount of pixels on a screen of this size leaves us with a density of 399 dpi and an aspect ratio of 20: 9, enhanced by the use of a hole in the upper part of the screen to accommodate its front camera sensor.
Other specifications of the Redmi Note 10 Pro 5G screen They are a Corning Gorilla Glass Victus panel to protect the phone from bumps and scratches as well as a maximum brightness of 450 nits.
The MediaTek MT6891Z Dimensity 1100 equipped with 5G connectivity is the processor chosen by Xiaomi to give life and power to this new smartphone. Regarding 5G, it offers compatibility with all types of networks, either SA or NSA.
The chipset has been manufactured under the 6 nm process to influence energy efficiency and has a total of 8 cores divided into a Cortex A78 core at 3GHz, three Cortex A78 cores at 2.6GHz and four Cortex A55 cores at 2GHz. All of them are accompanied by an ARM Mali G77 MC9 GPU.
As is often the case with almost all Xiaomi smartphones, we will have several memory options to choose from. On the one hand we have a RAM of 6 and 8 GB while the internal storage reaches up to 256 GB, although there is a more modest version with 128 GB. Of course, there is no possibility of expansion by MicroSd.
The camera is not the strong point of any of the smartphones of the Redmi Note 10 series and we are not going to be surprised if the same thing happens in the Redmi Note 10 Pro 5G. In fact, there is a slight reduction compared to the 108 MP sensor of the 4G model, because here this smartphone mounts 3 sensors where we have a main one with a resolution of 64 Mp, an 8 MP wide angle with 120 degrees of vision and a 2 MP macro lens to photograph the smallest objects at a distance of just 4 cm.
With this main sensor we can record all kinds of videos in 4K but if we want to record clips in slow motion we will have to lower the resolution to 1080 or 720p, where we will be able to generate videos at 960 fps.
The front camera is configured around a 16 MP sensor with an unknown aperture that allows us to record videos at 1080p and 120 fps, so we can record selfies in slow motion.
Both the front and rear cameras have different AI tools that help improve photos at night within Super Night Scene mode or generate higher quality self-portraits with the front camera’s beauty mode.
As characteristic of the brand’s mobiles, the battery is one of the strengths of the terminal. If you are looking for a smartphone with a good autonomy and a high speed charge the Redmi Note 10 Pro 5G It offers a 5000 mAh capacity cell and a 67W flash charging system that is more than enough to fully charge the smartphone in an hour.
These are the differences with the Redmi Note 10 Pro
Although it may seem that the 5G model is better, simply to be able to boast of these characteristics, the truth is that there are a couple of components in which it takes a step back from its range brother, the Redmi Note 10 Pro 4G.
- Screen: Although a 120 Hz refresh rate and a high touch response rate are maintained, the big change between the panels is in their technology, being that of the 5G (IPS) model lower than that of the 4G (AMOLED) model
- Processor: While the Redmi Note 10 Pro launched on the market at the beginning of the year uses a Qualcomm processor, the Snapdragon 732G, the 5G model uses the Dimensity 1100, slightly more powerful and with the aforementioned connectivity plus.
- Camera: The front cameras of the two models are the same, but the Redmi Note 10 Pro 5G loses its brother’s 108 MP sensor to house a 64 lens, with a lower resolution. Sadly, there is also no trace of the 5 MP macro sensor.
- Fast charging: The two smartphones have a cell with a similar capacity, but not the same, of around 5,000 mAh, but the 5G model doubles the charging speed from 33W to 67.
- Connectivity: All these changes add to the compatibility with 5G networks that this model boasts, but not the one launched months before.
Price and purchase options
We do not know if this smartphone will go on sale in Spain but, if it does, its prices should not be very different from what we have seen in the Chinese launch of the phone:
- Redmi Note 10 Pro 5G with 6 and 128 GB: 1,499 yuan, about 190 euros to change.
- Redmi Note 10 Pro 5G with 8 and 128 GB: 1,799 yuan, about 225 euros to change.
- Redmi Note 10 Pro 5G with 8 and 256 GB: 1,999 yuan, about 250 euros to change.
Video & Photos